Friday, November 28, 2014

Giving thanks

I have to work today, the day after Thanksgiving, for the first time in probably 13 years. And to add lemon juice to the injury that is a four day weekend that might have been, P was awake before I left and started crying when I closed the door. Oh, how my weepy heart broke. It is no easy thing to be away from my baby all day, and it's even worse when everyone else is at home!

But, I am thankful for her. Having a child is a kind of joy that I can't even describe. It is the best hardest thing I've ever done.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.
    So sorry you had to work. There should be a law or something. Same deal for Christmas - the whole week between Christmas and New Year's should be a national holiday.
    Tomorrow should be better.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.