Monday, March 4, 2013

Medical incredible

Well, it's out on Facebook--specifically, if you are Facebook friends with my mother or my husband's father--but I have in fact acquired a parasite. In a few months, after reaching viability by robbing me of nutrients and perhaps even leaching minerals from my very bones, it will exit my body (ideally with less medical intervention than more) and set up shop in the smaller bedroom, where it will continue to exhaust me, but at least not nauseate me. Mostly; there will be some smelly times.

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! When?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sept 8! Or more likely, a week after that. :-/

      Delete
  2. Oh, congratulations! That's fantastic. Will you share the story of the infestation?
    ...wait that sounds bad. What I mean is, um, CONGRATULATIONS! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, story to come. It's full of pills and ultrasounds, with a healthy dose of injections.

      Delete
  3. Awwww! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm alternately excited and terrified.

      Delete
    2. Just part of being a mom, the excitement and terror will be a regular part of life! I know I feel both regularly. It's fun :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I hope the parasite treats you well and the noise is kept to a minimum. Human babies are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thrilled for you! Your parasite is blessed beyond description to have you as his/her host.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did I remember right that you had a second one a few months back? I may have forgot to say congratulations.

      Delete

Be nice.