Sunday, October 21, 2012

Birthday review

So, several days late. It's been busy, and only going to get busier because of the musical I'm in. But let's talk about the things we've done in the last year, no?


Saw my insides; confimed that my fallopian tubes are clear
Spent Thanksgiving in California
Got a Kindle touch for Christmas
Went to a whole lot of doctors appointments; didn't find cause for chronic infection issue
Moved units at our condo complex
Bought an actual bed frame, after months of just leaving the mattress and box springs on the floor
Several trips to Tucson
Got my Reluctant Reader of a husband hooked on books
Quit my crappy job
Got a much better paying job
Went to my favorite aunt's wedding
Bought favorite aunt's couch, ended husband's whining for a sectional
Bought a brand new car (12 miles on it when we got it!)
Was made permanent at much better paying job
Started taking advantage of much better paying job's health insurance, which covers infertility treatment
Started taking public transportation, which saves us tons of money and gives me lots of reading time
Got cast in a musical
Found out our friends are moving; offered to buy their house (it might even happen, too!)

I'm sure lots more happened, but those are the highlights off the top of my head. Not a bad year, even if it is two birthdays in a row that my husband was too sick to go out to dinner. Not sure what that's about; if it happens next year, we're going to have to talk about why he resents my birth.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! That looks like a very productive year.

    I love that you're in a musical. That's been on my list for awhile, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It wasn't a bad year. I remembered right after I posted this and went to bed that I forgot the trip to Utah to visit friends...definitely a highlight from the year!

      You should audition for stuff. There's all sorts of opportunities in the 'tah.

      Delete
  2. I blame my parents for feeling frisky in January which causes my birthday to fall right around the time the seasons change and give me the sniffles EVERY year.
    Curse you, happily married parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really awesome year! How cool to see your innards, I only see what comes out. Smelly and boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on what part you're looking at, viewing one's innards can be pretty uncomfortable. But it *is* pretty fun.

      Delete

Be nice.