Sunday, May 13, 2012

Did you know my middle name means "grace"?

The other day on the elliptical, I looked at the gear cover behind me and thought, "One of these days, I'm going to fall backwards and end up hitting that." A few days later, while getting on that same elliptical (and maybe reading something on my phone) the pedal moved more than I expected and I lost my balance. Down and backwards I went, flailing for something to grab on to, but there was nothing. My other foot caught on something--maybe under the other pedal, who knows--and I tipped back back back until I hit that blasted gear cover. From there I tipped over and hit my head on the machine next to me. Pure grace. (My middle name does mean "grace," but I think it's more in the "grace of God" definition, not "such grace in the way you fell off the elliptical.")

I popped back up and on the machine, and bless their hearts, two men stopped to ask if I was okay. I said yes, of course, but actually my ankle was pretty sore. I was afraid I had actually cut it, but mostly just sloughed off a swath of skin. It hurt enough that I wanted to get right back off and go home, but my it was embarrassing enough falling; I didn't need them to see me turn tail and leave. Anyway, I thought my pride was wounded more than my ankle, but apparently not. I can tell the story and laugh about it, but it still hurts to walk. In pretty much all shoes. It also hurts to wear pants, sit cross legged, shave, put on lotion, point my toes, etc. I even had to skip the gym on Friday, much to my disappointment.

On the upside, I feel less moochy asking the husband to get things for me. Gonna milk that as long as I can.

1 comment:

  1. My middle name means 'peaceful' and I can start a battle with the radio...
    Sorry about your ankle, that sucks.
    If it makes you feel any better, I hurt myself sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.