Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wherein my blog has an existential crisis

Aw, it's nice to know people like my blog. Or at least one person. I actually was thinking about it the other day--what is my motivation for this blog anymore? It was originally so my family could keep up with things, but now that I live in the same state again, that's not really a motivation. I don't have the free time at work that I used to, either, so it's not like I'm doing it just for kicks. And there's clearly not any money coming out if it.

So why am I blogging? I don't even really feel like I have things to blog about, and yet I feel some sense of obligation toward it, like I'm letting Someone down. Who am I letting down? The internet? It's not like I provide tutorials or recipes or something that y'all would find particularly interesting or helpful.

So now what do I talk about? It seems like the main theme in my life right now is general ill health, which isn't exciting, either. And I've said before that I don't want to turn into an infertility blog or feeling bad for myself because everyone I know is having babies (and everyone I know is having babies, for reals). Plus that pretty much always flirts with the TMI line. Hey, anyone ever had a hysterosalpingogram? Because I get to!

Anyway, yeah. I'm not really sure what's going on with this. What should I blog about?

4 comments:

  1. I like hearing about your life now that you're not in Utah and I'm not on IM much any more! Or easy recipes. I could always use mOre of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, like hearing about what's going on in your life (including health and fertility stuff). And it's fun when you write a post about what you think about whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed hearing about what you were eating and how you were fixing food. Also, when a person writes interestingly - and you do - it doesn't matter what they say. Tell us about the house/apartment troubles/good news or the husband or pets or decorating or whatever. I'm easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathie, I echo many of the words of your other friends. You have the ability to pique readers' interest about anything, making us feel like we're reading a NY Times article in even the simplest of your posts. I've always loved your savvy insights into life and the world, whether in conversation or in written word.

    I hope your hysterosalpingogram is as easy as possible and that you get good news. I guess either way it's good news/bad news. But if nothing is wrong, I hope that will give you hope and that something happens soon in the baby department. And if anything needs more treatment or attention, I hope you will get the answers that will lead you to the next step of action to take. Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.