Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ah, regrets

Among my several regrets lately, I regret not getting a disc of the high resolution copies of our engagement pictures. He gave us a disc, but they weren't high-res. I regret then misplacing that disc. I also regret giving my mother the only disc of our wedding photos. I'm pretty sure she hasn't lost it, so much as long-term misplaced it. But dude. Make a copy.

Along that vein, I rather regret hiring a friend to do our photos and/or letting bridges burn. Yes, well, lots of things I would have done differently if I had known how they would turn out.

Anyway, we had a picture taken on our anniversary cruise, and I've we have decided to have a family photo taken every year for our anniversary. Then we can have a grand wall of Us Through The Years. It's the sort of tradition one has to decide on early on. So even if my mother did actually lose the disc (*ominous fist shake*) it's not like we'll never have more pictures of us.

And speaking of pictures, one final regret: I wish I hadn't gained so much weight the last few months!

4 comments:

  1. I wish we hadn't had tuxes and bridesmaid dresses. Stupid waste of money, and everyone would have been more comfortable in their own clothes.

    I wish I had found my own wedding photographer instead of going with the one my mom wanted.

    I wish I hadn't gained so much weight while I was pregnant. Now I have to lose it, and our baby was still super small.

    I'm sorry about your pictures. I hope they turn out to not be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regret not getting my hair done professionally before my wedding and I regret not having a veil or tiara.
    I didn't know any photographers then but I still regret not shopping around before going with the one recommended by my MIL.
    I regret getting married before digital so that I have only 35mm negatives and no one works from those any more. I really need to figure out how to get them to digital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are negative-to-digital converters, plus companies that will do them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom has your pictures, safe and sound. Pick yourself up off the floor and come get them.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.