Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I envy you

Chances are you don't live in a citrus-producing state, like I do. You know what that means? It means that you can buy a tiny indoor orange tree from the interwebs, and I can't. Stupid agriculture laws prevent me from buying citrus plants online, which is unfortunate because it would clearly solve all my life's problems. And I don't really shop in stores, because I'm a mean old lady who hates people.

So Google Reader wisely suggested that I might be interested in this article. Look at this! How cute are these? They're so tiny!

Patio/Container Calamondin Orange Tree Full Size Fruit

There are few finer smells in the world than orange blossoms. I'm not currently in a position to plant an orange tree, alas, and I doubt I can find this type of plant in a nursery (also, I'm not sure I can force myself to go to a nursery, unless they also sell sour cream and microwave popcorn). But if you live anywhere but Arizona, Florida, Texas (and possibly California) you can have an indoor orange tree of your very own!

Now if only I could get an indoor avocado plants that bears fruit. Supposedly they do sometimes, but they don't taste the same, so what's the point?

3 comments:

  1. It's true. The people who live in snowy states get all the breaks...HA! The tree thing sucks though. Can you get ANY indoor trees? I think cherry blossoms are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it illegal to own, or to purchase...? If the latter, I'm brewing up a plan. Involves a trip out of state and a postal truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illegal to buy online. Probably hard to find in stores.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.