Thursday, May 5, 2011

A month?

So, um, hi. Remember me? Apparently it's been a month since last we met.

And much has happened. The job I interviewed (and interviewed) for hasn't officially said no, but after several weeks not hearing from them, I called and was informed that they added additional interviews. Um, whaa? Why? If they wanted to hire me, there should be no need for more interviews.  So, not promising.

And we moved. It's a long story, which you're welcome to email me and ask about if you actually care to know, otherwise suffice it to say we're living in a quaint/cozy/petite/unlarge apartment. Condo, technically. There are several for sale in the complex for so, so cheap. We like it well enough, and there are lots of pools, sports courts, etc. People are pretty quiet, although the child upstairs seems to enjoy running occasionally.

And if the renter does actually buy our place (fingers crossed!) we would seriously consider buying something. It turns out a large lot and yard is not something I value, so the recent explosion in the housing market could work out really well for me. With a mortgage payment of two or three hundred bucks, it would free up capital for baby-having and school-going. And early-retiring? And then we could actually rent it and make a profit, which is an interesting concept I'd like to pursue. Certainly better than renting and losing money, anyway.

And they sacked the Robot at work who drives me crazy. Correction. Drove me crazy. They were looking to fill her position, and the team lead had the clever idea that it would be easier to promote me than train someone new. They interviewed someone today that they really like, so once we get her trained, I'll get to move to the other position. The permanent position. That pays more.

And maybe it's not my dream job, and maybe I'll end up not liking it, but benefits (not great, but better than none) and permanence and (not a lot, but still) more money? I'll take it.

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again! Here's hoping it all goes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the blog update! And good luck with all the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried to find your email to email you, but couldn't find it. do you have mine? i want to know why you are moving again.

    also, job hunting is so hard and it is def not an ego booster. i'd be happy making less than i do now even. ack!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.