Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lost the will

So I officially didn't get that job I wanted. But I will eventually have the promotion go through and won't feel the need to eat only from our food storage. Until then, though, I'll avoid looking at my Mint account, because I don't want to see how ridiculous out of budget we are this month. It doesn't help that we sent FH to Utah for a friend's wedding.

It was just a quick trip, all of 30 hours, maybe. I would have like to have gone, but we definitely couldn't afford for us both to fly up, and I don't have paid time off, so I had to stay home and pay the bills. The best part, though, is that he got sick a couple days before he was going to go. Great. Can't get on a plane when you can't stop vomiting, and can't get a refund. But then he started to feel better. Awesome! He can go after all! But then he gets there and feels worse in the middle of the night and ends up having to go to the ER because he's so dehydrated and still going to try to make the wedding. So that was a crazy adventure.

I can't find any of my zillion hair rubber bands and haven't bought more yet, so I've been actually doing my hair. Kind of. It still only takes all of three minutes, but it's far more than I usually do. I'd take a picture, but...I also ran out of foundation and haven't been wearing any the last week or two. I look okay, but I try to keep makeup-less pictures to a minimum.

What else, what else? Troubles with our dryer. Landlady is a bit of a...well, any way, she refuses to cover washer/dryer issues, dryer doesn't work too swell, she won't take them out so we can put in our own. We did manage to get her to pay for a new switch. "The old tenants never said there was a problem with the dryer! I'm sure they would have!" Um, the scratches indicate that they were turning it on with pliers, so it's not like this is new. Why would they bother to tell you the dryer wasn't working when you refuse to do anything about it?

According to the Arizona laws regarding landlords--which I looked up--she is obliged to maintain the appliances in the unit. It doesn't say specifically which appliances, or if she's able to exclude any, and I don't really want to get into it. So...yeah. Hrmph and blah.

Addicted to the game Paradise Island on our phones. Stay up way too late playing it.

See, not much interesting going on. I guess there's stuff, but I've just lost the will to blog. I don't know what's up. I guess it's that I'm actually busy at work and don't have the time to sit around all day, blogging. Those were the days. Not that I enjoyed having nothing to do, but it was nice to have some down time to fill as I saw fit.

Anyway, yeah. What's new with you?

3 comments:

  1. Blargh. I hope it all gets better for you soon. It can be such a hassle to deal with landlords/ladies. Mostly the ladies. The dudes usually like to fix things for females.
    In other news I had to get a job. It's not hard and the hours are good but it sucks to not have my time be my own anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where ya working? In addition to your family's business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have lost the will to blog. I'm trying to find it again, though. Things are the same for us. Oh - Eric's doing a little internship here at the COB. It's nice to have him around, but a bummer that he's only here for 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.