Saturday, March 19, 2011

Please excuse the heartless practicality of a crotchety old woman

Apparently there was a "silent blog for Japan" day this week. I'm sure the people of Japan feel soooo much better because you didn't update your blog about refinishing furniture from Goodwill. Bracelets, bumper stickers, Facebook statuses, pins...blah.

I am generally opposed to making empty gestures. For example, I think Earth Hour is ridiculous. It doesn't really make a difference in electricity consumption. It doesn't really do anything except make people feel warm and fuzzy for doing something they think is "green." If you want to make a difference, plant a tree or otherwise do something.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if I posted? And who makes up these things?
    I agree - get PV panels for your house to make a difference. Turning off my lights for an hour, once a year, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.