Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wherein Fabulous Husband bakes a cake

I've been rather unwell over the last few weeks. The last time we ventured to the grocery store, I only made it halfway through before I had to give up. I told him, "I don't care what you get. Get a cart full of Eggos for all I care. I have to go sit in the car."

So we don't have a lot of food in the house. But we do have two cake mixes. We had been in the baking aisle when he decided he wanted to try making a cake. He's never made a cake before, which kind of blows my mind since I have been baking cakes for years. So he picked out his flavors of choice--white cake with strawberry frosting--and I picked out this:

This is my favorite kind of cake mix! They discontinued it ages ago, and I had it on my Amazon wishlist in case they ever brought it back. Finally I gave up and deleted it, only to find a new version in stores a few weeks later. Even in my weakened, nauseated state, I was so excited. I can't wait.

But today, FH had a friend over and Adam wanted to serve cake. He forget to make it in advance, but his friend helped him mix it. Good thing, too, because Adam didn't want me to help and I don't know if he could have done it alone. It smells great so far, and--as long as there are no egg shells in it--I bet it will be delicious, too.

The best thing, though, is that cinnamon swirl cake mixes are back.

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, my father always gets the eggshells in the food.
    The eggshells, the pit, the seed, whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.