Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's all downhill from here

I love that expression, it's all downhill. Does that mean everything is going to get worse, or get easier? Yes.

Anyway, I have three days to finish packing the house before it's time to pack up the shipping/storage pod. It's mostly just random stuff here and there.  I didn't get much done the last couple of days because I ran out of boxes. But I swiped some from friends last night (they moved a couple months ago, and I don't think they'll be needing them soon. Let me just take a minute to say how much I love the karmic essence of moving boxes. Practically no one buys moving boxes, they just get them from some kind people who don't need them. And then they pass them on to someone else. It's beautiful.) So I got boxes from friends last night, including some large enough for my more unwieldy items, like our pictures and my mixing bowl big enough to bathe a toddler in. Because you need a bowl big enough to bathe a toddler in if you want to make caramel corn without getting it all over the floor.

So I've got a plan. I'm going to tackle a different room each night and I'm going to have everything entirely packed up by Saturday. I'm going to chug as much Cherry Coke as I want, and I am going to get this done! No more tears...just blow through it and be done. Then I'll be able to enjoy Thanksgiving, our cruise, Christmas. It'll be great!

Right? Great?

1 comment:

  1. Totally right. It's all about having a plan. And you gave yourself an entire day for each room which is far more realistic than what I do. So good luck!
    -on a completely different note; Damian getting the choreography mixed up is one of the best parts in that clip. They are VERY strict with their publicity so I am highly amused that this is the version of that song they use everywhere. And no, their movements are that rough only for the one number. It's supposed to suggest the power of the song? i don't know. Cracks me up every time though.-

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.