Friday, October 15, 2010

A few random thoughts

My birthday is on Monday. I'm going to be 29! Next year, though, I'm going to turn 30, which wouldn't be a big deal except that next year my husband turns but 26.  Sigh.  Oh well.

I wish I was one of those people who just pop out of bed when the alarm goes off.  I'm at the point where I only hit snooze twice, which is an improvement over my younger days.

It's cold in the mornings now. I don't want to break out my gloves already, so I take a mug of cocoa in the car.  Plus...cocoa.

If you're making a U-turn from a left turn lane onto a road with three lanes going your direction with a parking lane (so essentially four) and you STILL have to encroach into the lane next to the turn lane, you are a terrible driver and your car is too big.  Or else you're just a selfish jerk. Based on what I've seen of Utards, I think it's mostly just selfishness.  Heaven forbid I wanted to drive in the lane next to you; apparently that's your lane too.

The only thing worse is city buses. They drive like they're the only vehicle on the road. It's frequently very scary.

I found a couple very cute craft projects that I want to do.  Me.  Crafting! It helps that the projects don't seem to require any significant skill. One uses whimsical hand whipstitching and the other uses hot glue.  Sewing machines and non-visible stitches aren't really for me, but I can do hot glue!

Where does one buy wool felt? Besides the internet?

3 comments:

  1. Joann has it on bolts. Smaller bolts, and its fairly expensive per yard, but fortunately, you don't need much.


    Also, My husband turns 29 this May. And I'm only turning 22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look into it. I'm tempted to get the pre-coordinated sets online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not get me started on people who don't know which lane is their lane. Gah! One of my pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.