Friday, October 29, 2010

Crabby lady is crabby

You know that cadence that newscasters have? I hate it.  It's impossible to describe. It's like they overemphasize the wrong wrong words. It sounds so fake, so unconversational. There's a woman who does the on-the-scene reporting for the local Fox channel who gets on my nerves so much that I have to change the channel when she comes on.

I've recently added to my list of annoying broadcaster traits the tendency of radio DJs to segue the title of the song into whatever they want to talk about, no matter how unrelated. "That was Chicago with 'Hard to Say I'm Sorry.' Also hard is trying to find the perfect Halloween costume!" They're the most graceless transitions ever.

I guess I'm over-tired, because everything is SUPER annoying to me. In my head, to the driver who doesn't know where to take the ticket to get into the parking garage: "Can you not see the big red sign that says TAKE TICKET HERE?"  To the person driving up to the gate at 2 miles an hour: "You know you don't have to stop until you actually get to the gate, right?" To the woman walking slowly in the middle of the sidewalk: "Yes, if you're going to walk slowly, you should definitely do it where no one can get around you."  I think I need a nap.

Also, it looks like the printer cartridge now has fewer than 900 pages remaining. I'm so scared.  Why, come Valentine's Day, I might actually have to replace it.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. I have had days like that and you want to punch them all. It gets better.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.