Friday, August 20, 2010

Bad sign?

I of course speak only from my own experiences and observations, but don't you think that engagement is the point in a relationship where PDA is at its peak?  Don't get me wrong, I've never been one for making out in public.  But I think when we were engaged was when we were most affectionate in public.  We still hold hands pretty much everywhere, and there's the occasional kiss now and then, but I think the fact that we're married and live together and don't have to part at the end of the night has taken some of the pressure off, so to speak.

So what does it say when you have dinner with an engaged couple who, during the course of the evening never touch, almost never look at each other (I think he looked at her a couple times when referring to her in his story, but I'm pretty sure she never looked at him. Shoot, she rarely looked up at all.), and speak to each other but little?  I swear, they could have just as easily been on their second date.  [Insert Utah joke here.]

Maybe everything's fine and they're radiantly happy and it's all they can do to keep their hands off each other in private.  But I can't help thinking that--even for the most PDA-averse--some of that is bound to spill over.  Maybe it's just me.  Am I crazy to think that a couple who have decided that there's no one else in the world who could make them happier should look, well, happier?

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you in general - but it's happened when on the way somewhere Tarzan and I have gotten in a fight and for the rest of the night not wanted to be cuddly and cute. We could fake it for family but maybe not for friends we aren't likely to see very often. If you were going out with them again I would make an effort to see if there was a difference but if you aren't going to hang with them regularly, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
    And then again, some people are just weird.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.