Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Next time: take better notes

Have you seen that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is dozing on the couch watching a dumb movie, and he writes down a joke, but then in the morning he can't figure out what it says?

Well, the other night I had this vivid dream, that I woke up and thought, "That would make a good book."  (Really, I think it would make a better movie.)  I thought I had a notepad on my phone, but now that I think about it, I deleted that app.  Anyway, I brought up my email and typed it as a draft.  Of course, it was 4:45 in the morning and my phone is bright, so I was trying to keep it short and shield my phone so as not to disturb my fabulous husband.

So I pull up my email when fully awake, and what does it say? "Story of the bus crash. It was all a dream"

That's it.  Not even ending punctuation.  Apparently my great idea was to tell the story of the bus crash,  but it was actually all a dream.  Awesome.  Thanks for including detail, sleepy me.  Should the story cover who shot JR, too?

5 comments:

  1. Brains and dreams and what makes sense in the middle of the night but not in the morning; it's all so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I did the same once when I was quite drunk. I thought that it would be a shame if I didn't remember in the morning, and wrote a bunch of stuff down. In the morning, it was practically gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.