Friday, July 16, 2010

Expanded tweets

I originally joined Twitter just to follow a few amusing celebrities, because it kind of feels like we're friends.  Now I use it as a place for random crap that would otherwise make me a Facebook spammer.   Things I have mentioned lately on Twitter, expanded and updated for your reading pleasure:

My foot is cold.  I couldn't figure out why, until I realized that when I dropped that 32 ounce cup of ice water on the floor, some of it must have hit my foot.  Awesome.

If you are searching for a particularly obnoxious way to tell people that you're a tourist, might I suggest a hansom cab ride?  You have the double benefit of slow moving traffic AND the pervasive smell of horse poo.

Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar Goldfish crackers are vastly superior to the original cheddar.  It's not so bad if you eat the original ones first, but then you have some Flavor Blasted and you never want to go back.

A friend posted vacation pictures on Facebook, and either she has gained a bunch of weight lately, or she's pregnant.  She hasn't mentioned it, so--per my strict "no inquiring if people are pregnant unless you are married to or birthed said individual" policy--I'm left wondering.  I'd like to think she's pregnant, but the fact that she posted those pictures but didn't mention being pregnant makes me think she's just gotten pudgy.  Sad.

Chariots of Fire is supposed to be an awesome movie, but except for the classic slo-mo running score, I find it dreadfully dull.

I love the day before payday.  Our paychecks deposit on Thursday, but the bills are scheduled to be paid on Friday.  For a brief 24 hours, I get to feel like we have lots of money.

Speaking of money, I make $XX.942308 per hour.  Rounding it up to the nearest cent would have made it a nice $.95, and been the difference of sixteen bucks.  Those fractions of cents really bother me.

I've decided to use my down time at work to write my Great American Novel.  So far I have a few hundred words.  It's probably not very great.  Must figure out how to work in a werewolf.

Turkish Delight is the sort of thing that is much better in my imagination than in real life.  Although I think I may be imagining something more like baklava coated with powdered sugar.  Maybe I should do that and just call it Turkish Delight.  (Hey, the Greek Festival should be coming up in September.  Take my advice and eat before you go. The food is mostly so-so, but the pastries are amazing!)

There you have it.  Things I've been thinking about lately.  Right now I'm thinking about pizza.  The dough looked a bit dodgy last night (I may not be the most accurate flour measurer around) but I'm sure it will be good.  And even if it isn't, I'm sure my fabulous husband will eat it.

7 comments:

  1. That's exactly what Twitter is for! And Buzz, too. I like having slightly different audiences. And I can't believe you still use Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. But seriously, it's the easiest way to find people to drive me to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heatedly agree with you on Turkish Delight. I tried it twice thinking surely the first time I got a bad batch or something. After reading the Lion the Which and the Wardrobe I was expecting something so fantastic that it would be worth betraying your family over... Not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet, I find you so much more entertaining than any other person on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the nicest thing I've heard all day.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.