Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stupid boys

Last Monday, Fabulous Husband went to the doctor's.  Yesterday, he had a test done (in the hospital, because the provider is on our insurance, but not if they do the procedure in the clinic she's based out of.  I don't get it.).  In the week and a half between appointments, he managed to lose eight pounds.  Eight.

Granted, scales are different, and he was wearing jeans last week and track pants yesterday--not to mention that the test required him to completely empty various intestinal tracts.  But still.  He goes without eating for 39 hours (as he reminded me in the car, wasting away and practically starving) and loses several pounds.  I ate practically nothing for days after my tonsillectomy, and I lost essentially nothing.

Even worse, is that in the time we've known each other, and mostly in the nearly six months we've been married, FH has lost fully 20 pounds. I am the same weight, or perhaps a few pounds heavier.

Why?  Because when he was single, he ate fast food for lunch every day, and who knows what kind of nonsense for dinner.  Now he has a wife to make him sandwiches for lunch (that actually only lasted a few weeks, while he was on the truck) and buy string cheese and yogurt and Sun Chips and all manner of delicious, healthy foods.  I make homemade hot pockets that are simultaneously more filling and more healthful, thanks to my half-whole wheat dough and lack of preservatives and artificial flavorings.  I make actual dinner (sometimes), and insist that he really doesn't need to eat half of a pizza in one sitting.

My eating habits haven't really changed, except maybe to eat more.  Because I can't really convince my husband that popcorn is an appropriate dinner selection.  Unfortunately.

1 comment:

  1. Popcorn is a totally acceptable dinner choice.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.