Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Walmart,

Dear Walmart ad in today's paper,

What is your definition of "locally grown"?  Because Idaho potatoes are grown in Idaho (they're kind of protective about that), and I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as local.  Sure, the 'ho is only a few hours away.  But still.  It's an entirely different state.  And these aren't back-east, my-county-is-bigger-than-your-state states.  These are sprawling western states.

Also, I think it's more fair to charge for watermelons by the pound, as they can vary widely in size and weight.  I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I always do the math in the store. It sounds like a good price, but the math will always tell.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.