Monday, May 10, 2010

Have you any dreams you'd like to sell

I find that often even my most random dreams can be tied to something that occurred during the day.  I normally don't tell stories about my dreams, because no one really finds them that interesting; they just listen politely so they can tell you about the crazy dream they had recently.  But it's my blog, and I'll bore if I want to.

So in my dream last night, a friend of mine had a pet rattlesnake.  We were playing with it (because what else do you do with a pet rattlesnake?) and it bit me on the side.  It only barely grazed the skin, so it wasn't a big deal.  Then it bit me on the arm, nice and deep.  It was a big deal, and yet dream-me didn't seek medical advice.  Because apparently pet rattlesnake venom won't kill you like wild rattlesnake venom.


I woke up thinking how weird it was that I was being bit by rattlesnakes in my dreams, and then I realized that the arm that got "bit" happens to have a large bruise in that spot, thanks to a poorly performed needle stick (I told them not to use the right arm!).  I must have been putting pressure on the bruise in my sleep--heaven knows it doesn't take much to make me wince.

So there you have it--bad needle-caused bruise yields rattlesnake bite dreams.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of a weird dream *I* had...just kidding. I've read that dreams are our brains dumping everything from the day and whether we remember or not depends on where we are in our sleep cycle when the brain dumps it out.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.