Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things that drive me crazy

People who spell "voilà" as "walaa" or any variation thereof.  (My FH spells "touché" as "2 shay" just to get on my nerves, the dear man.)

When I don't have the time, I feel the need to be productive and clean and organize.  When I do have the time, I feel the need to sleep in until 11, eat toast, watch a couple episodes of Bones, and maybe take a shower.

Not having time for breakfast.  The funny thing is that I used to not be able to eat breakfast at all, and now I'm disappointed if I don't have time for a bowl of cereal.

Forgetting my phone at home, even though FH is the only one who calls me during the day.

Having to take lunch early.  It makes the afternoon seem loooong.

Seeing my husband dead asleep when I leave for work every morning.  It's just not fair!

The national debt.  It seems weird to include in a list of otherwise trivial annoyances, but it bothers me that I'm expected to economize and live within my means, but the government doesn't have to.

Raisins.  Next time, Planters, skip the humiliated grapes.  Maybe spring for some Craisins?  Or maybe more nuts?  Kudos, though, on the level of generic M&Ms.

Being poor.  FH has been off work for six weeks now, and I'm tired of having no money.  I'm also tired of having to be the money "bad cop" and say no to everything.  I should have said no to the trip to California, but with airfare, housing, and car taken care of, it was hard to say no.  We couldn't do this trip for less.

Babies.  In a good way, of course.  I like them.  I kind of want one.  But not right now.  (See "being poor.")  Fortunately, my neighbor is due in August, so I'mma steal her baby regularly.  It's perfect for everyone--she'll have the peace to nap or shower or whatever pesky thing the baby is interfering with--and I get to play with a baby for a while then give her back to mom and sleep soundly through the night.  It's the perfect plan.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to say for the most part I agree with everything on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the government complaint. Stupid heads all.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.