Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Carpet saves the day

I'm pretty sure that each floor of this building has a different color and/or style of carpet. I suppose it would be easy enough to check, but I am lazy.  Anyway, I am convinced that they do this on purpose.  We're so conditioned to just get off when the door opens, even if it's not our floor.  "The door opened.  This must be the floor I want," we think.  But with each floor having a different carpet color, you're warned that it isn't your floor.  The prints on the wall across from the elevators do this to a lesser extent, but the real savior is the carpet.  I can't tell you how many times I would have arrived at the wrong office if it weren't for the carpet.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you're still so young, though. There will come a day when the elevator opens and you get off, or start to get off, or find yourself poised to get off, and you realize that something isn't quite right ... or is it? ... is that the color carpet on my floor? ... what IS the color carpet on my floor? are those new plants or am I on the wrong floor? ... did they redo the wallpaper? ... or am I on the wrong floor?

    And what's really bad is when you're thinking all that, and it really IS your floor and nothing has been changed!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.