Monday, February 22, 2010

Lovely Logan and Lousy Lady

I have no pictures from our day trip to Logan on Saturday.  I am just not much of a photo taker.  It's terrible, I know.  I have all of these print credits at Snapfish, and nothing to print!  Except wedding announcements, of course.  I actually ordered some today so we can mail those out.  The nice thing about announcements versus invitations is that there's really no time crunch.

Anyway, we went to Logan to pay FH's old landlord some money (long story, involves the Lousy Ex-wife) and pick up his dad's mother's ring which the landlord was keeping safe/holding as collateral.  While there, we saw some old/new friends, did some shopping, went to the temple, and picked up tithing contribution statements for tax purposes.  I won't get into the story on the last one, but let's just say there's not as much as there should be and the ex-wife doesn't exactly appear to her best light in this episode.

I'm not sure what makes me angrier, that we'll get a smaller tax refund because we can't prove the contributions (I'm just not willing to take a gamble with the IRS, even if we are the most white bread tax return around), or that a person would actually pocket someone's tithing money.  No, I do know.  That's stealing from God.  That's messed up.

In other news, we ARE going to California for spring break, but in a slightly different capacity.  San Diego was cancelled because our vacation money/tax return went to pay the afore-mentioned debt, but thanks to in-laws going on a cruise and a very awesome friend getting us buddy passes on JetBlue, we'll still have a trip.  The beach, no work, no coats...it will be great, even if it wasn't what we planned.  Fabulous Husband fabulously offered to cancel the trip if needs be so we can get to Arizona (Grandpa isn't expected to survive the week) but I insist on it. I promised SeaWorld for his birthday; SeaWorld he will get.

Also, I don't scrapbook, but I think I might get a wedding photo book.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The personalised wedding photo book looks wonderful. I think it's nicer to have a special album than just some 'nice but still generic' one that you pick at the store.

    Did the ex-wife schitz out when she found out about your nuptials? (Do you guys use the phrase 'schitz out'? I presume so but if not, substitute 'flip out'.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard "schitz out" before, but I totally get it. I don't know who told her that we got married, but when she found out we were dating (all of three days later) she called and freaked out. I'm guessing it was similar when we got engaged. She unexpectedly unfriended all his family and their old mutual friends on Facebook, so we think she knows.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.