Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dumb things people say to me

Welcome to a new series, called Dumb Things People Say to Me.  Please, enjoy this recent stupidity.

He: Is there a way to make the lines darker?
Me: Darker than...black?
He: Bolder?
Me: Do you want the lines thicker?
He: That should work.

Another He, via email: Is there more information on the incident? It looks like it might have been left off.
Me, composing a reply: The document is three pages; the bulk of that incident report is on the second page.
AH, before I have time to send my reply: Never mind, I found it.

She: When is your baby due?
Me: *blink, blink*  ...I'm not pregnant.
She: Oh.
(Note that the above took place over the summer, when I was not pregnant, not married, and not seeing anyone.  Just having a fat day, apparently.)

Same lady as above, a few weeks ago: I don't think I know you.
Me: *puts bookmark in book, chews the Triscuit I JUST put in my mouth*
Me, thinking: Yes you do, you asked when my baby is due.
Same Lady: Caught you with food in your mouth.
Me, thinking: During lunch, of all times!
Me: I'm Cathie, I'm in security.
SL: It's nice to meet you.
Me: *goes back to reading*
SL: What are you reading?
Me: Harry Potter
Me: *goes back to reading*
SL: Which one?
Me: Half-Blood Prince
Me: *goes back to reading*
SL: Is that the British version?
Me: Yep
Me: *goes back to reading*
SL: very long winded story about punctuation differences between the British and American versions
Me: It's true
Me: *goes back to reading*

Stay tuned for our next episode of Dumb Things People Say to Me, because heaven knows people aren't going to stop saying dumb things!

1 comment:

Be nice.