Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Minty fresh money!

Do you know about mint.com?  It's a free money management tool that keeps track of your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, investments...pretty much everything but how you spend your cash.  (I'm sure they're working on it.)  It's a great tool for keeping an eye on where your money is going.  They even make charts and graphs.  Lots of them.  Net worth over time, spending by category, your spending versus the average, etc.

I love charts and graphs.  Pie charts especially!  The only thing I love more is Venn diagrams. I've got a thing for Venn diagrams.  True story.

In addition to being a great, quick way to look at your finances, I like it because they have an iPhone app (alas, no Android app for me) so the Fabulous Husband can keep an eye on things, too.  He says he's content to let me deal with the money--which I'm happy to do--but this way I can't sneak off to Ann Taylor Loft and re-wardrobe myself without him knowing.  It's all about checks and balances.  Or at the very least, knowing what checks have cleared and our current balances.

So, yes.  I highly recommend Mint.  "But you don't have to take my word for it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.