Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Things that are stupid and people who are awesome

You know what I don't understand? Tourism taxes. They tend to tack them on to hotel fees. Presumably they are to fund tourism campaigns encouraging people to visit the city (or state). So...you're taxing me for doing the very thing that you WANT me to do? Isn't that kind of a disincentive? I'm being punished financially for spending my vacation money in that location. It just doesn't make any sense. And yet it's the perfect crime. I mean, it's not like I'm going to boycott Disneyland because of the tourism taxes. But I will complain about it on my blog.

And while I'm at it, you know what else sucks? Work! Mostly because everyone is out of town, so there's nothing for me to do. And yet there IS stuff for me to do at home. Like the linens that have been patiently waiting for the last two weeks for me to get around to folding. The dishwasher that needs to be emptied. The suitcase that needs to be packed. The carpet that needs to be vacuumed. The milk that needs to be bought. (Did I mention that we had cereal for dinner on Thursday, and it wasn't even my idea? Yeah, I picked a good one. Er, except he picked me.)

Because, really, who wants to do boring stuff like that when you've got someone like this to play with? As Reva says, it's way more fun than the Wii. And I love my Wii.

Adam dear

Remind me to show you the Photoshopped version of this later. I've got it on my work computer, so I've been trying to learn how to use it. I love that dodge tool.

2 comments:

  1. Photoshop is awesome and so is the boy. Small question, why does the post tag say 'husband?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's easier than using a "fiancee" tag for a few months?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.