Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm so tired I could puke

You don't realize how much you rely on the weekend to catch up on the sleep you consistently deprive yourself of during the week until you have to work all weekend. It's not like I want to be sleep deprived. I have long been utterly incapable of going to bed before midnight. It's a disability. I should get special accommodations at work for this problem.

I realize that working a 58 hour week is not the end of the world. Plenty of people routinely do more. Going twelve days without any time off is also a bit of a beast, but again, it could be worse. It's just that I'm so, so tired! And I have four more days of alarm clocking before I can finally sleep in. Sigh.

On the upside, I have that vacation to look forward to. I have someone to make staying up late more fun, rather than just sitting around reading My Life is Average. That's a huge plus. Not that I don't love MLIA, of course.

And I got to see my parents this weekend, which is always a good time. They are crazy in all the best ways. And hey, they like my boyfriend!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the pluses outweighing the minuses. I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep at a time in 2 months... the first-dating-stage-can't-bear-to-be-apart-staying-up-too-late was murder too. Yay on parental approval!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with all the working? I didn't think you had a weekend kind of job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to work general conference and, starting this year, two of the four Christmas concerts (I worked one of them last year). It's miserable, but the money is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those dating days. It's exhausting. Then you get married and it's lights out by 9. Hang in there just a few more months and then you can be boring, old married people. It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I ever realized what kind of security was involved for GC. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.