Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm going to Disneyland! ...eventually.

I have to wait three whole weeks before we go to Disneyland. People, I am not sure if I can make it that long. It doesn't matter that I've been there dozens of times; I love Disneyland.

I want a churro. I want to see the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy!!! I want to go on Tower of Terror over and over and over. I want to stand and watch them make tortillas. (I am a sucker for stuff like that. "Unwrapped" is the perfect show for me.) I want to spend the weekend in long sleeves and a cardigan, not a wool coat. I want the freshest pineapple spears you will find on the mainland. I want to soar over California. I want to maybe doze off just a tiny bit during the Aladdin stage show. I want to stop at every souvenir stand and not buy anything. (Honestly, I've been to Disneyland so many times there's just not that much I'm willing to buy.) I want everything I eat to be shaped like Mickey Mouse. I don't want to work. (Well, I never do, but I certainly don't want to work this weekend, which is making Disneyland that much more appealing.)


And I want to stop for a minute and think about Walt. I've got a soft spot in my heart for the man behind the mouse. He did a lot of great things, and I think that--at least for the most part--he did them for the right reasons.

1 comment:

Be nice.