Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Order of the day

It's raining. "Wintry mix," they warned on the radio. I hate that term. It is everything that is bad about the weather. Is it rain, sleet, snow? Yes.

I woke up and listened to the rain for fifteen minutes before finally getting out of bed. It's probably the only sound that can wake me up without also making me grumpy. By the way, Dad, did I tell you the gutter still leaks in front of the window? Hitting the block wall dissipates it, though.

All I wanted to wear (in the way of jackets; I'm a big fan of clothes in general) was my long-lost trench coat. It's waterproof! It's warm! It's not too thick! It's all Delta's fault! Sigh. Don't think I'm not always looking for a new coat.

Now all I want is to go home, put on some fleece pants, make cocoa and toast, curl up with a book and a blanket, and enjoy the rain. This is my instinct every time it rains. There is a reason I do not live in Seattle. I would accomplish nothing, spending all of my day in fleece pants holding warm mugs of cocoa.

I'm actually leaving work early today. I have to get my brake light fixed--I couldn't do it, and my far more capable boyfriend couldn't do it--and my car re-tested. I did manage to un-tint my own windows, though. I need to scrape some adhesive off the passenger window, but light will shine through, and that's all that matters.

I'm really angry at Utah right now. The driver license system doesn't talk to the registration system, so even though I updated my license right after I moved, I didn't get the renewal notice in the mail. And then they changed the law on acceptable level of tinting. So my front windows--which are not nearly as dark as the back windows--were legal when I registered my car two years ago, but aren't anymore. You should have seen the cartoonish black cloud over my head.

One of these days, I'm going to move back to Arizona. And the first thing I'm going to do is go to Bahama Bucks. But the second thing I'm going to do is get my windows re-tinted to the glorious level of twilight that they once were. Stupid Utah.

7 comments:

  1. Stupid winter. And stupid Delta, and stupid Utard. I feel the same way about cold weather, which is why I'm violently angry about Wisconsin. Also, you said boyfriend in an entry. I'm kind of giddy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I never registered my car in Utah. I'd have to remove my sweet window tinting. Funny enough, that was also one of the 'little' things that propelled me to move to AZ.

    The things we do to protect window tinting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also giddy at the "B" word. :) Actually, I'm also giddy at the "BB" word. Bahamarama Mama, yum....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, a Bahamarama Mama would so hit the spot right now.

    And if you think the word "boyfriend" makes y'all giddy, imagine how I must feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't people understand rain means staying in your pajamas all day?!? We should legally get school and work off. How glorious would that be.... And yes... Utah SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Utah's public transportation. No gas expenses, no flat tires, no registration issues with a car that won't pass emissions.
    But I love the desert more.
    Happy Boyfriend to you, happy boyfriend to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something about rain that makes one need to wear flannel and read books. I totally think rain days should be declared half days for work and all the rest of that stuff.
    And do tell about the boy...

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.