Thursday, September 10, 2009

Less than six weeks!

If you're wondering what to buy me for my birthday next month, feel free to get me this. Do plan ahead on the international shipping; I haven't a clue how long it takes. On the upside, though, shipping is only seven pounds (less than $12) which is quite reasonable for seven thick books.

Note that I prefer the kids' editions to the adult version: All that's different is the covers. Apparently they thought adults would be embarrassed to ride around on the Underground with brightly colored Harry Potter books. Not me. I want a kids' book that looks like a kids' book!
Though if you insist on the adult version, get the paperback set that comes in a box that looks like a trunk. Because that is awesome.

If you get it for me, I promise to call and read a passage to you in my best British accent. Otherwise, I'll just read it to myself in a British accent.

3 comments:

  1. Hrm, tempting - I'd LOVE to hear a Brit accent that doesn't suck. I'll have to tell you sometime about the time I tried to pretend I was British on a ski lift... FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, last night I was reading "The Importance of Being Earnest" to myself instead of going to bed, so I could do that for you, instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I read the Potter stuff I would totally choose the kid's books too.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.