Friday, August 14, 2009

Root, root, root for the home team!

I was on Southwest Airlines recently, and found an interesting trivia bit in the in-flight magazine. (The only thing I love more than in-flight magazines is Sky Mall. Seriously.) Apparently the Team Marketing Report tracks the price of seeing a baseball game, as defined as two adults and two kids tickets, two beers, four sodas, four hot dogs, parking, two programs, and two baseball caps. The lowest price? The Arizona Diamondbacks!

The D'backs came in at $114.24, well below the average of $196.89. I knew that the Yankees would be expensive ($410.88!) but I didn't think Arizona would be the cheaper. I figured Kansas City or somewhere kind of boring.

Anyway, it doesn't really mean anything, except that I'm always excited when something having to do with my hometown is in the news, especially when it's something positive.

In unrelated news, I took pictures of the sad contents of my refrigerator last night, and will definitely be posting them. There is seriously no food.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shamoleys that's a lot of loot. Back in the day it cost $2 to go to a game and $.25 for a hot dog. Times they are changed.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.