Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nice people: an endangered species

I was in line at Kohl's today (for the second time, actually, because I had two $10 off coupons, but I couldn't use them in the same transaction, so I bought stuff, took it out to the car, went in and checked out at the other registers. Score!) and I was behind a lady with a pretty massive pile of stuff. As it was my second time through, I only had one item. (For what it's worth, I only had two in the first transaction.) The lady looked at my one piece of clothing and asked if I wanted to go ahead of her. "No, that's all right," I told her. It really was. I didn't have anywhere specific to be, and I didn't mind waiting. "Are you sure?" she asked. I considered her pile. I decided to take her up on it. It took roughly two minutes of her time, but was so unusually thoughtful that it totally made my afternoon. We should all be more like that lady in Kohl's.

1 comment:

  1. its good to know that there are still nice people in the world. don't you just love kohl's. i have to be careful when i go in there.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.