Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I have nothing to say lately

I know what you're thinking. It's been days since my last post. It's a scandal! It's an outrage! Yes, well, how long has it been since YOUR last post?

Really, I just haven't been feeling well, which has made me very boring. Also, having to go to work when I don't feel well makes me not like my job very much, which makes me...well, not boring, but also not pleasant. I really need to take a vacation. Or even better, not go out of town over a holiday weekend. Can I last until Labor Day? We'll see.

In other news, I wish I was more dispensable at work lately! It's good to be needed and everything, but there's nothing like dragging your miserable butt out of bed because who will correct the semicolon abuse and Dickinsonian capitalization? Won't someone please think of the children semicolons?!

Today's cooking tip is this: If you finally remember to take chicken out of the freezer to thaw overnight and think, "Ooh, a lime-garlic marinade might be delicious!" and end up having other dinner plans, don't let the chicken sit another day. The acid will actually "cook" the chicken partially (kind of like ceviche), and it will taste way too lime-y. Maybe I didn't add enough garlic, but I'm pretty sure it was the 48 hour marinade. Word to the wise. Just cook it and reheat it tomorrow. If you don't overmarinate it, it can be quite tasty. Perhaps the overly flavorful chicken will be balanced out in a pesto chicken pizza. I wonder if my pesto is still good. It's been in the fridge for...uh...a while.

2 comments:

  1. What did you put in the marinade? I would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool and weird effect, the overmarinating of chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.