Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Have a laugh

I don't know how long I've had this floating around on my thumb drive. Four years, apparently. There's something about the line "Youse call dat a firewall?" that gets me every time.

Some comics never cease to amuse. Dilbert, Bizarro, Brevity, Cul de Sac, Retail, Baby Blues, etc. Pearls Before Swine is sometimes funny, though I think it was funnier in the early years. ("Do you think Van Gogh drank Coke or Pepsi?") Some comics are never funny. I'm going to have to agree with Marge Simpson on Hagar the Horrible. "I just don't think it's funny!" When I was a kid, I used to call it the funny pages. Now I call it the comics. Because so many of them just aren't funny.

What comics do you like? Is there something hilarious that I'm missing out on?

4 comments:

  1. "What did you emboss this with? A screwdriver?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, Calvin and Hobbes is genius, for sure. But there aren't new ones, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I think he was more of a Dr. Pepper guy.
    The Far Side is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 9 Chickweed Lane but that's not really a funny. It's amusing a lot of the time but mostly it's a commentary on life and it's a serial.
    Get Fuzzy is genius.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.