Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good thing there were no witnesses

I recently discovered that my photos and ticket stubs from London had gone missing. (The photos could be reprinted, sure, but what about my ticket stubs?!) I remember putting them "somewhere safe" when my family was coming to town. NEVER put anything somewhere safe! You will never find it again.

I thought I had put the envelope on the dryer, by the picture frames. And yet, there was nothing. I kept thinking I should look behind the dryer, but I really didn't want to, because I didn't want them to be there. Last night, though, I finally broke down and got out the stepladder. Yup, there they were.

So I started inching the dryer out last night. I was about to climb back there when I realized, I'm in my pajamas. It's midnight. I've already taken a shower, and it's dusty back there. If I get stuck, I'm going to have to call my friend in the middle of the night to come bail me out. So I didn't do it. But today when I got home, I finished pulling out the dryer, climbed back there, and retrieved my treasures.

It's a good thing there was no one around, because I'm sure I looked ridiculous. My dryer is on a pedestal, so the top of the dryer is at shoulder level. At one point, I was on my stomach on top of the dryer, frog-legged against the back wall, pushing myself out. It was fabulous.

The important thing, though, is that I got my ticket stubs and that you should never put anything somewhere safe.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the truth. No matter how much sense it makes when you put it there, somewhere safe is never a place you remember when you need it again.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.