Monday, July 13, 2009

Songs I dislike so much that some might use the word hate: A list

I was listening to the radio the other day while I was ironing a few things (thanks again, Dad, for the awesome ironing board cabinet!) and Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping" came on. And whadda ya know, I dislike it as much as I did the day it came out. I have been disliking this song for over a decade.

Other songs that I dislike to varying degrees and in no particular order:
  • Red Red Wine, UB40
  • Sexual Healing, Marvin Gaye
  • Bad Day, Daniel Powter
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield
  • Pretty much anything by Pink, Amy Winehouse, or Katy Perry
I'm sure there are a lot more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Any time they come on the radio, I'll change the channel. I dislike them with a perhaps unnecessary passion. Any song that grates on your nerves like nails on chalkboard?

2 comments:

  1. You TOTALLY called it with Red Red Wine. BARF!!!!!! Anything reggae, really. Hrm... Sex and Candy always sounded dumb to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I am biased because I love Neil Diamond and he wrote Red, Red Wine but it doesn't make me want to hurl. He has much better ones, true.
    I don't love rap, pretty much ever. The more profanity in a song the less I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.