Saturday, July 4, 2009

Every month should have a holiday!

If holidays have taught me anything, it's...uh...that the perfect length for me to sleep is nine hours. Seriously! No matter what time I've gone to bed this weekend, I've woken up nine hours later on my own accord. But do you know how hard it would be to get that much sleep every night? I'd never get anything done!

So, what else is new? My family is in town. Well, my parents and brothers. They're staying with me so that we can spend the money they would spent on a hotel on ceiling fans and the like. Can I tell you how hard it is to sleep in a twin size bed again after two years alone in my queen? I can't sleep on the diagonal in twin size bed! My blankets keep falling off! It's a small price to pay, though. I mean, I really hate those oil-rubbed bronze light fixtures.

Anyway, my mom brought me a huge stack of ladies magazines, so I have lots and lots of interesting new recipes to try. And to modify, because there's always at least one ingredient in it I can't stand.

Have a lovely, safe Independence Day. I saw a joke on twitter this morning that was along the lines of this: What kind of tea did the colonists thirst for? Liberty!

Zing!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take those oil-rubbed bronze fixtures. That's all I had in my bathroom at mom and dad's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I was gonna sell 'em on Craigslist. I thought you wanted a medusa-like light. Dad was saying that the one I ended up getting for the dining room looks like what you were describing to him. Ikea.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.