Friday, June 12, 2009

Tom Petty was right:

...the waiting is the hardest part.

Do you ever feel like you spend all your time waiting? I'm waiting for someone to send me the forms I need to finish entering payroll (for the ENTIRE department now, lucky me!). I'm waiting for tomorrow to see the sneak preview of "The Proposal." Waiting for new episodes of favorite TV shows, for food to cook, for commercials to be over, for things to arrive in the mail (cast iron skillet and French butter dish, yo!) Waiting for work to be over, for people to have babies so I can play with them, for the light to change, for Scarlet Pimpernel to open at the Hale, for pages to load, for songs to download, for the dryer to finish, for my nails to dry. Waiting for warmer weather, for cooler weather, for rain, for sun. Waiting for a trip to Disneyland, for someone to open a Bahama Buck's here, for the sale to start at JoAnn, for a check to clear, for a paycheck to deposit, for a good concert to come to town. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Always waiting.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, Bahama Bucks...yum! I am waiting for someone to comment on my last blog post and waiting for this headache to go away. Waiting for the dishes fairy to appear and for the toys to come to life and jump back into the buckets. Waiting for me to become something more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for my life to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you there. I'm fine with pretty much anything life sends my way, but the 'enduring to the end' part is the worst.
    WHERE did you find a cast iron skillet that they would MAIL to you and not demand a limb in return? I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazon, of course. Free shipping!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.