Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ramekin pies

I tried a new recipe today for chicken pot pies. Except I made them in ramekins. I'd share the recipe, but it needs tweaking. It definitely needed more salt. What kind of recipe doesn't include salt? I could have tried the filling before I put it in the oven, but I'm not too keen on eating pot pie filling straight up. Or maybe if I'd used another bouillon cube. I usually use bouillon instead of chicken broth. Partly because I'm lazy, and partly because it's cheap. I have some low-sodium chicken broth on hand, but that's for risotto. Because when I made risotto with bouillon, it was soooo salty. I just can't win. So when I get the recipe improved, I'll share it with you. I think the one I liked the best (I tried four different kinds) was the spinach one. Corn, not so much.



Chicken spinach ramekin pie


I downloaded--and then uploaded, I guess--some photos, including of one of my Teenage Mutant Ninja Chocolate Turtles:


Chocolate turtle

Good times. I'm planning another adventure with turtles in the near future. This time, though, I am going to figure out a way for them not to stick to the waxed paper. Possibly by not putting them on waxed paper. The genius. It just keeps pouring out.

1 comment:

  1. I have come across a few recipes lately that don't include salt and I don't get it. Meatballs totally need salt.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.