Thursday, April 9, 2009

Since we're talking about food

You may have noticed some redecorating. I've "followed" all the blogs I used to have listed in the sidebar, and have replaced it with a bunch of foodish blogs I enjoy. (So don't feel bad if your name is gone; I'm still reading it. UNLESS YOU DON'T UPDATE.) I'm always on the lookout for a new food blog, because I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. (Last night I finally sat down and cut out the recipes I wanted from the food section of the newspaper that I bring home week after week.) Wow, I'm tangential today.

Anyway. I found one that sounded delicious: Habeas Brulee. Yeah, no. It's one of those dang "artsy food" places. Actual examples:
  • Rosmary Noodles with Pigeon Essences. Words I like in that name: Noodles. With. What the crap is pigeon essences? No, on second thought, I don't want to know.
  • Home-cured Salmon with Black Pepper and Coriander. I don't like fish, and certainly not fish that I home-cured.
  • Pork & Sundried Tomato Cappelletti with Pomegranate Walnut Sauce. What?
  • Chile Lime Sweet Potatoes with Spinach Clove Yogurt. At this point, they're starting to sound made up.
  • Duck Confit and Fig Crostini. Ducks belong in ponds and cartoons. Not in dinner menus.

And it just goes on like that. I'm sure that website is valuable to someone. Just not me. I imagine that the people who like websites like that wear pointy-toed heeled boots to the grocery store, use words like "synergy" and "value-add." They talk about a wine's bouquet and go to dinner at ridiculously late hours. And drive German cars. Their houses have more bathrooms than bedrooms, and they don't clean them themselves. They go to movies that are Important, not entertaining.

And they never dance the Robot when they're home alone on Saturday nights.

1 comment:

  1. This post totally made me laugh out loud. Love the witty commentary and it's so, so true. All of it is true.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.