Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Loony Luna

Here's what I had for lunch:

Now, I didn't have quite that much Dole Whip. It was $.74, and at $.15 per ounce that puts me at what, just under five ounces. That picture is surely more than five ounces. Darn you, internet!
And lest you think that isn't much food, I ate breakfast and had a yogurt for elevensies, so it's not like I'm starving myself. But I digress. What I really want to talk about is the Luna bar.
It was a Caramel Nut Brownie, according to the package. According to my tastebuds, though, it was a Chocolatey Vitamin Bar. It did not taste like caramel, nuts, or brownies.
Have you noticed that highly fortified foods all have that strange zing to them? I am convinced that it's all the extra vitamins and minerals they shove in there. When you concentrate 25% of the day's vitamin A, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, and molybdenum (I didn't even know there was and RDI for that) with 80% of B1, B2, B3, biotin (again, what?) and pantothenic acid and 100% of vitamin E, B6, folate, and B12--along with bits of other stuff like calcium, vitamin K, etc.--it gets a little chalky.
There has got to be a way to make a more delicious supplement bar. Like real chocolate. And real caramel. I wonder what it would taste like if you crushed a Centrum Once Daily into a Snickers bar. Wait, why bother? Just take the pill and eat the Snickers!


4 comments:

  1. Your Dole whip photo gave me a mad craving. Specifically for the various delectable Dole Pineapple treats that you can get outside the Indiana Jones ride at Disney.

    Yum. Disney here I come! Even it is only for a whip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss gets to go to Disneyland for a conference. Essential, we are paying for him to go to the happiest place on earth. Sigh. Why won't they bring me, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used elevensies.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.