Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter things

People. I MISS EASTER BONNETS. And gloves. I have long said I wish I was a strong black woman so I could get away with wearing those crazy big hats to church. I was really in it for the gloves as a kid, I think. Maybe I should buy myself an Easter dress, anyway. It's just not as exciting when you buy new clothes whenever you feel like it, anyway. It is also less exciting to get a movie for Easter--seriously, when did we not get movies in our Easter basket?--when one buys them oneself. But Seinfeld dvds are on sale at Target this week, so methinks I shall obtain a season or two for myself.

I'm wanting to do a festive Easter dinner. Alas, there aren't enough people to feed to justify a ham. I need some children. But I digress. I'm thinking steak, even though I have no idea how to cook it without fire. The George Foreman just doesn't satisfy me. I'm very excited about the vegetables. There will be roasted potatoes and green bean almondine and rolls (not a vegetable.), and is a salad too many vegetables? I have been even less hungry than usual lately (I know, I know, is that even possible?) so I don't really need to go crazy on the side dishes. But I'm telling you, you cook green beans and almonds in enough butter and salt 'em really well, and they are pretty yummy.

And is there such a thing as a traditional Easter dessert? I keep thinking of Jello/Cool-whip pie, but I don't remember actually loving that. And I could make some of Bakerella's Easter pops, but man, that's a lot of work. I'll probably make strawberry jello. BUT. I will pour it into festive stemware instead of the usual bowl. The usual bowl, btw, is one of those white-with-green-flowers numbers from the 70s. You know the ones. Everyone has some somewhere. Oh, it will be a party.

I talk about food a lot for someone who doesn't really feel hungry ever. "I forgot, I don't eat food. Now get out before I love you too much!"

2 comments:

  1. Why are you not hungry? Do you have a worm? "I hate this worm inside of me!" Ha, ha, good ol' Kelly.

    Anyway, I wish I could come for dinner! Sounds good. I don't remember any traditional dessert...just whatever candy was leftover...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I'm just never hungry. People think it's a problem they'd like to have, but it's NOT.

    Wouldn't a worm make me more hungry? And wouldn't I lose weight? Because I don't have that. At all.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.