Friday, March 6, 2009

Road to hell is paved in unbought stuffed dogs

The subject has nothing to do with this post. It's a line from "The Sun Also Rises," and it caught my fancy.
Here, ladies and...well, Dad...is my dining room:

Please note the bread machine sitting on the floor. Ostensibly, when I am done making bread, I pop it back on the shelf behind it. I last made bread on Saturday, so clearly that's working really well for me. But I'll need to make bread again this weekend, so why bother?

Eventually, there will be some sort of curtainry, as I don't find this a particularly appealing view for the dining room. Not that I ever eat at the table. There's something pathetic about eating alone at the table, but less so about eating while watching TV. I don't know why.

In other news, there is no other news.

1 comment:

  1. Is it too soon to say I love you?
    That is a great idea, and a great post and I totally get what you mean about eating on the couch instead of the table, when alone.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.