Friday, March 20, 2009

If you can't find it on the internet, it doesn't exist

Two days ago, I found a website that offered a particular product that I've been wanting, in a variety of sizes. I had to measure something at home before I ordered. Now, when I go back to the site, they don't sell them anymore! Grr!

And what was I looking for, you ask? A Batman logo sticker less than 4 inches wide. Why? To put on some doors in my house. Why? So that when people ask to use my bathroom, I can tell them, "It's around the corner. Just look for the Bat Signal."

Why? Because one of my favorite jokes when I was a kid was about Batman:
Q: What does Batman do when he first wakes up in the morning?
A: He goes to the batroom.
Q: What does he do in the batroom?
A: Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do! (Remember the old theme song? The joke works a lot better in person.)

Anyway. Moral of the story is that I can't find a sticker to fit on my door, because it's panelled, so i want to put it in the middle at eye level. I could use a bigger one at waist level, but...it diminishes the joke. But never fear. I will find it.

3 comments:

  1. You should look for vinyl one. That way it is easy to remove if you move or what not.

    Like this one http://www.decalsplanet.com/item-121-size-1-batman-logo.html

    or this one

    http://www.edecalfactory.com/Product_view_SUPER_HERO_15.html

    You can specify the width. The wings don't go quite as high on the first one...but it gets the point across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah, vinyl for sure. That's what I had originally found.

    The first link is a possibility...although it isn't the official Batman logo. And the second one is from the Batman Begins version. Which I guess isn't inherently bad, but I don't think it's as iconic as the 80s/90s version.

    I have an e-mail in to someone who is selling some on ebay. They said you can special order, so I'm getting a quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.