Friday, November 7, 2008

It may be snowing, but that don't mean it's Christmas

There are two--count them, TWO--radio stations that started playing all Christmas music on November 1. Okay first of all, that is waaaaay too early. There are not enough Christmas songs for eight weeks of music, let alone good Christmas songs.

And what city needs two stations playing Christmas music? Why? So if you don't like the Jackson 5's version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" you can find John "Cougar" Mellencamp's?

I'm not going to lie to you. I don't like most Christmas music. I also don't like most Christmas decorations, movies, weather, or color schemes. I'd much prefer Hannukkah's eight days. There's no two months of lead-up, no ugly colors, very few themed songs, some fun little games, some candles and you're on your way.

I can handle Christmas, but I refuse to let it start before December 1, and preferably the 15th.

Also, snow is icky and I miss the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I love Christmas, but believe that all holidays should be given their due, so no Christmas music before Thanksgiving at least.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.