Saturday, September 27, 2008

Latest painting

Okay, so I painted this ages ago. A friend and I were going to paint something for each other and swap, but seeing as I'm sure she hasn't even started, I'm going to hang on to this one until I know mine's on its way. I'm quite fond of it, really, so maybe I'll get to keep it, heh.


Blue in Green


I should add that it's done entirely with a palatte knife, because I loved when Bob Ross used the knife to make mountains.

In other news, does anyone else thinks bleach feels slimy? I was santizing my cutting board (partly because it smelled like onions, but also because it's the germaphobic thing to do) and I was struck again by how strange bleach feels.

I started a sourdough starter that I got in the mail yesterday (carlsfriends.org--costs you two stamps!) and I'm not sure that it's really starting. It smells sour, but I'm not getting a lot of bubbling. I'm trying to keep it warm by keeping it by the computer.

I was surfing (do we still use that word in relation to the internet, surfing?) for sourdough bread recipes, and they almost all include yeast. Dude, I thought that was the point of the starter. Traditionally, I guess it is, but it appears that in these recipes, it's just to give it the sour taste.

I got my 2009 benefits brochure, and I kind of want to get braces, just because my plan will pay for half. But I don't really need them, except for my two bottom teeth in the middle. And then I would never be able to smile and say "I never had braces!" when people are telling their horror stories. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to give that up.

Ugh, and I totally missed International Talk Like a Pirate Day! It probably wouldn't go over well in my new office, anyway. Stuffy. And not just the air.





2 comments:

  1. Nice! Oh Bob Ross. I loved watching him and hearing him say "I am going to add a happy tree.."

    And I totally second your thoughts on the bleach. Totally feels slimy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never actually touched bleach before, not without a rubber glove in between me and it. I will have to try it out now.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.