Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Regard and disregard

So I was at the library some distant Saturday, and I saw a woman smoking. Okay, fine, whatever. Wait, wait. This woman was pregnant. Like, obviously so. I'd guess she was six or seven months along. And she was smoking.

I'm sorry, what decade is this? How much research do we have on the negative effects of prenatal smoking? That's right, lots. I couldn't believe the wanton disregard for the life actually growing inside her.

On the other hand, I've never been treated so politely as I am at work. I mean, everyone in the MTC tried really hard to be polite, but I think that was more because they were trying to live up to the idea of what a missionary is. It was a very forced politeness. But here, everyone is just geniunely thoughtful. Maybe once a week does a man get off the elevator before I do. People hold doors and elevators and defer to me...it's delightful!

In other news, got Chels from the airport yesterday. They lost neither her nor her luggage. Talk about victory.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of types of people. Sad, but I did not get to rule out the ride people.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.