Monday, August 27, 2007

The downside of capitalism.

I was reading old issues of the humbly-subtitled The Week ("All you need to know about everything that matters") and I found an article about the "unclaimed" baggage center in Scottsboro, Alabama. Like I chose not to claim my baggage. It still makes me angry. Even with the money, the things still aren't replaced. I can buy other things, but I can't buy those things again. A moment of silence for my trench coat.

In other news, we were in a pizza restaurant with very poor service on Saturday. What do you do when they won't take your drink order, let alone bring you food? You call them on your cell phone to order your meal! It certainly gets results.

The thing is, in Soviet Russia, pizza orders you.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really good idea. I should try that the next time the waiter doesn't come back.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.